This week is Herbal Medicine Week (HMW) 17th -25th June. It was created to help Medical Herbalist come together as a nation-wide community to raise awareness of what we do. The theme for this year is mental and emotional wellbeing.
In the UK mental health problems will affect 1 in 4 people at some point in their life. The NHS is struggling with this and we have so much to offer as Herbalists.
Find out how herbal antidepressants can offer
an alternative treatment.
The benefits to you of visiting a Medical Herbalist are that we provide:
- An in-depth consultation (1-1.5 hour) to assess your overall health profile.
- Diagnostic and clinical skills.
- Treatment of underlying causes as well as symptoms.
- Continuity of care.
- In-depth knowledge of herbs and plant medicines.
- Use of liquid preparations (tinctures) which allows the inclusion of several different herbs in one preparation.
- Preparation of a unique combination and dose of herbs tailored to your individual requirements.
- Access to quality effective herbal medicines that are not available over the counter.
- Safe prescription of herbs and understanding of contraindications and interactions with orthodox drugs.
- Expert advice on diet and lifestyle.
Consider visiting a Medical Herbalist as part of Herbal Medicine week and find out how Herbal Medicines can provide you with a safe, effective and natural form of treatment. Herbal medicines provide a real alternative choice of treatment that complements orthodox treatment and allows you to take more control of your own health for long-lasting health and wellbeing.